Dr. Alexander Aboka is a Board-Certified, Fellowship trained Orthopedic Surgeon, who received his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After earning his medical degree and a degree in Public Health, Dr. Aboka completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, and then immediately went on to complete his Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy and Shoulder and Knee Reconstruction fellowship at the Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center in Cincinnati, Ohio.
With over 15 years of experience and extensive training, Dr. Aboka specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow, knee, hip and ankle joints. He also performs shoulder and knee reconstruction and replacement procedures and treats fractures and other injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal systems, including those of the joints, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and nerves.
Dr. Aboka is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the Texas Medical Association.
Outside of patient care, Dr. Aboka enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and mountain biking.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Hip Arthroscopic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Education and training
- Fellowship - Orthopaedic Sports Medicine at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation of New Orleans
- Residency - Orthopaedic Surgery at The University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey
- Medical School - the University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology - the University of California